Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Quirky Asia Files: Japan's Koizumi and the World Ramen Summit

Ramen quote of the day by former Japanese PM Koizumi? Here it is:

"Ramen is not just for Japan, but it is also for the world and the universe."

Also...There's really such a thing as a World Ramen Summit? Really?? I did what any nerd would do. I decided to do a little research on the topic. Apparently at the 2006 Summit, it issued this declaration (it mentions ramen use in disaster relief).

Hm, time to visit the ramen blog!

Ah, ramen. How many starving students has it helped over the years?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been living on ramen for a while, at least during the week. There is a brand of roodles in a cup sold here in the UK which is pretty good, and I can 'cook' it with water boiled in the electric kettle in my hotel room. Not as cheap as proper ramen but faster and more convenient.