Thursday, April 24, 2008

Taiwan versus Greenpeace

I'm sorry if I am evil, but I rather got a kick out of this news item. Greenpeace has always been full of loopy radicals doing loopy things, and it's high time somebody called them out for it.

Meanwhile, if you'll excuse me, I'll go get some shark's fin soup. Nyah, nyah, nyah. (Well, it's a nice thought, but I actually can't afford it!)
TAIPEI, April 24 (Reuters) - Taiwan is drafting a public statement to slam Greenpeace activists who boarded a fishing boat in the South Pacific earlier this week to check for an illegal shark fin harvest, a fisheries official said on Thursday.

The Fisheries Agency will send a protest letter to the multi-lateral Western and Central Pacific Fisheries Commission and to Greenpace, an international environmental group that the government says inappropriately forced its way onto a Taiwan-registered boat on Monday to inspect the shark catch.

"This took place on the high seas, and it was done by a private organisation, not by law enforcement agencies," said James Sha, the agency's deputy director-general. "Their actions were extreme, and they distorted the evidence."

No comments: