Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The Bailout Game!

Total Financial Apocalypse has never been so much fun! Go on, play the online Bailout Game, and good luck!

Have fun crashing the economy, kids! Wheeeeeeeeeee!

Amusing opinion here: "There’s no way to win, and thus no strategy for playing. Whom you save and whom you don’t is almost entirely a matter of whim. Which makes it eerily realistic."

Anyway, the cartoony graphics are hilarious, and so are the fake news items in the news ticker at the bottom of the screen. Be sure too to click on the "Ask a Greenspan" button to get some amusingly silly "advice." The cheerful music is the icing on the cake; it reminds me of the "Sims" game (another of my many vices).

RELATED POST: Play the Budget Hero game and see if you can balance the federal budget!

UPDATE 1: I actually played the Bailout Game and didn't totally destroy the economy! In fact, I "won" and made it onto the leader board. If you get there, you can look for my blog name until someone with a higher score bumps me off. For now, though . . . Move over, Hank Paulson!

UPDATE 2: I just told Alessandra about my win, and she replied incredulously, "YOU . . . made it onto the leader board?!" Hmmm. Well, I'd like to see the federal government do any better!

No comments: