Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Nerd Journal: Papermania and an Attempt at Self-Control...Sort Of

I have two major papers due by the end of January, so I'll have to cut down on my computer playtime. (I know, I know. Less playtime? Noooooooooooooo!)

Starting tomorrow, I'm going to try to limit myself to no more than 3 blog posts per day until my papers are completed. 2 papers at about 30 pages each = 60 pages, and that's not counting footnotes, endnotes, bibliographies, or abstracts. I've already started the research and writing process, at least, but it's still not going to be much fun.

Ugh! For the rest of today, though, I'll go back to the library (the Library of DOOOOOOOOM!), pick up some more books, finish a long-delayed movie review that I promised La Parisienne, come home to make dinner, and make a few phone calls after I read one last article. Then, predictably, I'll probably fall asleep in my books. It's the glamorous, exciting life of a campus nerd, all right.

Random Thought: I hope the article isn't totally written in Nerdish (you know what I'm talking about -- Nerdspeak, academic jargon jammed with buzzwords, obscurantist argumentation, and trendy phrases). Some folks recommended it, but I wonder if the article will be one of those things that I read and then say afterwards, "Why did I even bother reading that? What a waste of time! At least I can ransack the bibliography -- which I should have done first and saved myself the bother of reading this mess." *throws away her Nerdish-English dictionary*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck!!

Mad Minerva said...

Thanks!!