Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Nerdworld Soundtrack, Post-Inaugural Edition: Van Halen

After yesterday's all-day, all-night media orgy of staggering fawning and triumphalism, not to mention unbelievable levels of hype (was it me, or was it the media version of teenage girls fainting and shrieking over Edward Cullen?), I have chosen a musical selection to match.

Look, I'm not directing this at the new president. No, this is dedicated to the "news" media and their nausea-inducing swoonfest and total abandonment of any pretense of objectivity. Some members of the press did everything but fling their undies at the president. Hm, that puts me in mind of crazy rock concerts, which brings me to today's Nerdworld Soundtrack pick.

I give you . . .

"Can't Stop Loving You" by Van Halen.

Turn up your speakers!

No comments: