Monday, August 10, 2009

The Cinema-Mad Sibling's Haiku Movie Review: "GI Joe: The Rise of Cobra"

I have no intention of going to see the new "GI Joe" flick, now currently being savagely torn to shreds by critics everywhere.

The Cine-Sib, though, saw it this weekend, and he liked it. He has reviewed it with 4 haiku (4!). Here they are:

Awesome action yeah
Toy-to-movie done right on
Baroness is hot

Worthy of sequel
Perfect for us shallow folk
Scarlet is hot too

Van Helsing this ain't
Stephen Sommers, you're redeemed
More movies like this

Baroness spin off
Definite moneymaker
Lis'ning, studio?

Oh, for goodness sake. Can you possibly drool any more over the Baroness/Sienna Miller? I don't think she's very pretty at all. She's got that Gwyneth Paltrow "pale, skinny, snooty, ice princess" air. (No, I'm NOT going to post a photo of Sienna Miller! You can do your own research.) So, anyway, there you go, dear reader, my sibling weighs in as a member of the coveted 18-to-35-year-old male demographic.

As for me, I'm off to see "Julie and Julia" just for Meryl Streep's portrayal of that inimitable, awesome kitchen goddess, Julia Child. (We love you, Julia! We miss you terribly! How could you go and leave us to the tender mercies of Rachael Ray and Sandra Lee on Food Network? But I digress.)

No comments: