Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Nerd Fun: Starstruck At The Planetarium

This is for La Parisienne and California Dreamer! Actually, this is for everybody, because -- seriously -- who doesn't love going to the planetarium when you go to your natural science museum? Astronomy is such a joy.

Here's a bit from "We Are Astronomers," a British planetarium program (or should I say, "programme") that is, alas, not available in the US. No wonder I totally missed it during 2009's Year of Astronomy fun. Still, here's a piece of it so you can get an idea -- and a hint of some mellifluous narration.



It's not a trip in the TARDIS, but it's still a trip into the heavens.

2 comments:

California Dreamin' said...

*sigh* Can I just have him in my closet to help me get ready in the morning? I'd love to have *that voice* tell me, "Here Tracy, try the pink blouse." and "You look brilliant, love!" I just want him to keep talking, because I love his voice!

Mad Minerva said...

I could listen to him read the phone book.

On the other hand, there was one instance when even that fabulous voice couldn't work its magic: when he did a voiceover for an ad for New Labour!