Saturday, May 22, 2010

Nerd Journal: MM's Got a Feeee-vah and the Only Cure Is The Doctor

Actually, it's not just me. An entire bevy of my friends and I need the same prescription.

(Of course, I'm pretty sure this isn't as much as "cure" as "treatment," since I daresay none of us really want to be "cured," even though every single one of us has stated that our devotion to the Doctor makes no sense at all since he's not our 'type.' But in apparent defiance of everything, his sheer adorability and unmistakable talent conquer all, along with the total awesomeness of being a Time Lord. A Time Lord, people! In fact, we're all hanging onto our Doctor as if increase of appetite had grown by what it fed on -- hey, wait a minute, I'm quoting Shakespeare and I can't stop! But that's another disease altogether.)



"He's like fire and ice and rage. He's like the night and the storm in the heart of the sun. He's ancient and forever. He burns at the center of time, and he can see the turn of the universe. And ... he's wonderful."
-- from "Family of Blood"(2007)

I'm sorry, Eleventh Doctor. I'm so, so sorry. I like you very much, I do. But you've got a long way to go before you can come close to the place of the Tenth.

Oh, and add a shout-out to the Ninth, who was brilliant but often forgotten!

UPDATE: Since I never pass up an opportunity to harsh on "Twilight"! Plus the sentiment is actually true here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

RULE BRITTANIA!