Friday, May 07, 2010

"That It Should Come To This!" -- The Era of No Good Options

UGH!

And, as usual, my beloved Shakespeare has just the right words to say on that account ... and in the very same play, current object of my unbridled, unabashed nerdy affection (oh, OK, utter obsession), that proclaimed, "Something is rotten in the state of Denmark" -- though now you can probably substitute any debt-ridden, politically riven country's name for Denmark. *cough* Greece! *cough*

Meanwhile, we as the younger generation now utterly crushed by the debt bomb bequeathed to us by our all-too feckless and irresponsible elders, might well sympathize with Hamlet when he complains, "The time is out of joint: O cursed spite / That ever I was born to set it right!"

Well, at least my uncle hasn't murdered my father to marry my mother. But the day is still young! < / snark>

No comments: