Friday, August 27, 2010

Nerd Fun: Awesomely Glorious Prank at MIT -- The Doctor 1, Hahvahd 0

This is spreading like wildfire across the nerd interwebs -- and rightfully.  MIT is famous for its epic pranks, and those inspired nerds and geeks have struck again to kick off the 2010-11 academic year. This time the prank is so glorious that it is ongoing:

1. First, the TARDIS magically appeared on campus, on top of 77 Mass Ave (want a closeup?):


If there is something I love as much as or possibly even more than the Tenth Doctor, it's the TARDIS.

2.  Then it gets even better: the pranksters somehow stole a "Welcome Students" banner from Harvard and then displayed it as a trophy with the TARDIS, along with the boast "The Doctor 1, Hahvahd 0."   BOO-YAH!  Take that, Hahvahd snobs!  It's like the revenge of the nerds -- only better.


BONUS: The TARDIS lights up!  More gorgeous photos here.  I cannot even begin to try to tell you how much I love this.  I am ECSTATIC.  I am in freaking transports of joy. So, in tribute to the MIT hackers and to the Doctor, here you go:

2 comments:

California Dreamer said...

...and this would be the only reason I would like to live on the East Coast -- nerd rivalries (as opposed to the football rivalries of my beloved South)!

Oh, and I love, love, LOVE Ten's crazy hair and. that. smirk. God, I love that man....

Mad Minerva said...

You and me both, babe.