Friday, August 19, 2011

Kitchen Notes: Sushi

For fellow sushiphiles La Parisienne, Count Chocula, and Alessandra: a glance at our favorite noms.  Oh, and on the business about wasabi and soy sauce: I've seen people here and in Taiwan do it both ways, and nobody seems to care one way or another ... as long as you're happy gobbling down those yummy, yummy sea kittens raw.  Your humble blog hostess prefers salmon, eel, and tuna, though she's never turned down any kind of sushi or sashimi.  

Oh -- for the record, the Cine-Sib and I think California rolls are for sushi sissies.  They're still yummy, though, and a great "starter" sushi.  I will confess to trying to gross out sushi neophytes, though, if I'm in a mischievous mood and think they need to have their cage rattled in the name of culinary-cultural education.  "Hey, wanna try some of my octopus?"  "Ewwwwww!"

3 comments:

Brian J. Dunn said...

Jessica Alba couldn't talk me into eating sushi. :-)

Mad Minerva said...

What about Zooey Deschanel, though?

Brian J. Dunn said...

Well. Perhaps I could stay a BIT longer ...

You do know where to hit where it hurts!