Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Nerd Journal: Moving House is a Headache, plus Batman Review Preview

Moving house right now. The Cine-Sib is coming to help. I can't wait to get into my lovely new apartment, though the entire moving process is always an expensive, exhausting business, no matter how much help you get!

I'm about to run out the door to buy more packing tape and to scrounge more boxes. (I just packed up all my DVDs -- and breathed a sigh of relief that the Nerd Lords won't ever see that collection. I'll get no points for gravitas -- or shall we say, nerditas? -- with my season boxes of Buffy and Angel and Farscape and Arrested Development and Firefly and Ally McBeal... all of which, BTW, I highly recommend!)

Golly, moving in the SUMMER is such a bad idea. What I really want is to do, instead of schlepping boxes, is run into the nearest Satan Coffee and find comfort in an enormous mocha frappuccino (no whipped cream, thanks!). Save me, Il Barista!

And yes, I know, I know, I promised Cine-Sib and everyone else a big fat "Dark Knight" review. It will be online by tonight or, at the latest, tomorrow morning. The short version? Go see this movie (enough people did over opening weekend for it to bank $158 million and smash all previous records), though beware that it really should be rated R for violence, violence, and did I say, violence -- some of it coming in creative but creepy forms. This is NOT FOR KIDS.

Here's a thought: who's creepier, Hannibal Lecter or Ledger's Joker?

1 comment:

Pat Patterson said...

Neither, truly evil people exist in the real world, not with makeup or bon mots. Creepiest ever would be Richard Widmark's Tommy Udo from Kiss of Death.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kiss_of_Death_(1947_film)