Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Nerdworld Soundtrack, Bailout/Financial Apocalypse Edition, Part 4: Talking Heads

I can't help myself. The name of the band and the name of the song are both too fitting for today's round of Global Financial Doom-Mongering. The US Senate is set to vote on the bailout today. You'll remember that that House of Representatives voted it down 2 days ago. Meanwhile, the economy is collapsing like a house of cards.

Today's song is . . . "Burning Down the House" by Talking Heads.

Previous tracks in my list of Music for Money Madness were:
Here is my now-standard advice: Crank up the volume and start hoarding your pennies in the freezer. Also, feel free to suggest songs in Comments.

1 comment:

Pat Patterson said...

The End by The Doors.

Eve Of Destruction by Barry McGuire.

Political Science by Randy Newman

Feel Like I'm Fixin" To Die Rag by Country Joe and The Fish

Yes, I am now acutely aware that every song I posted is at least thirty years old. Pathetic!