Thursday, October 09, 2008

Nerd Journal + MM in the Kitchen: Nerdette and Penne all'Arrabbiata

I think I've become a rage-oholic. I already knew I was a chocoholic, workaholic, bookaholic, and coffee-oholic, and those were all OK with me, but this rage-oholic thing?

It's kind of . . . worrying, isn't it? Between Nerdworld and the "real world," I am angry all the time now! This can't be a good thing. Everywhere I look, I see more infuriating factors that make me want to scream. What in the hell is going on? (Aside from too much work and not enough time?)

Plus, I hate everything. I think I've said this before. I'm also in no mood to tolerate anybody's garbage. Unfortunately, everybody seems to be flinging out all kinds of garbage nowadays, from undergraduates giving me stupid excuses to Nerd Lords giving me the Evil Eye to politicians (of both parties) acting like feckless clowns. I can't bear people right now. In my misanthropic fury, all I want is to lock myself in my apartment in some peace and quiet. I actually get far more work done when I'm home than when I'm on campus. Plus, I can make coffee whenever I want. And grab a pillow and scream into it whenever I want, as loudly as I want. And listen to really loud, obnoxious music that would make the Opera Diva cringe.

So, I'm taking out my frustrations in the kitchen with an appropriately named recipe. I give you that lovely old Roman recipe, penne all'arrabbiata!

No comments: