Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Kitchen Notes: the New York Times Rhapsodizes About Rice Cookers--WTTPWS!

Well, OOOOOOOOOOOOOO, the New York Times is gushing about rice cookers, so they must be some new hot thing, right? Some awesome new invention for the kitchen? Some incredibly splendid innovation in culinary appliances?

Not remotely, fool. Every single Asian I know has been using these things since . . . well, forever. I can't remember a single moment in my life when I didn't have a rice cooker in the house or apartment.

WTTPWS!

(Do you need a reminder of "WTTPWS"?)

By the way, I'm pretty sure that the Japanese will soon have artificially-intelligent robot rice cookers that will cook, clean, grocery-shop, wash and fold laundry, walk the dog, and go back in time to hunt down Sarah Connor.

1 comment:

Pat Patterson said...

Wouldn't it be better for the naked cooker to appear on the streets of Tokyo with the mission of hunting down all the executives of Sanrio.