Saturday, October 04, 2008

Nerdworld Soundtrack, Bailout/Financial Apocalypse Edition, Part 7: The Ramones

So Congress passed the bailout bill, the President signed it yesterday, and . . . NOW WHAT?

This latest bit from the New York Times is about as soothing as every other bit of "reporting" and "analysis" on the subject:
It will be one of the world’s largest asset management firms with an impressive $700 billion war chest. Nothing short of the global economy depends on its success. And the Treasury Department has barely a month to get it up and running.
Well, that's just freakin' great. And wait! There's more!
The Treasury officials said they were still writing a policy on conflicts of interest as well as guidelines on compensation. As if the mechanics were not daunting enough, Treasury officials need to make wrenching decisions that will determine the bailout’s winners and losers. With so much money on the line, lobbyists for interest groups are already besieging the government to decide in their favor.
So basically these Treasury guys have what? Monarchical monetary mojo? Oh, and let's add ravenous lobbyists too as everyone now jockeys for position and a piece of the taxpayer money pie. Now, come on, you can't tell me that the possibility for dirty dealing and conflicts of interest isn't huge.

You know, I wasn't planning on posting about the Financial Apocalypse soundtrack today, but this latest "news" basically forces me to.

I give you . . . "I Wanna Be Sedated" by the Ramones. Because I really do want to be sedated so I don't have to beat my head against the wall. (Not that I needed another reason, but here. I really do want to slap that smile right off Pelosi's face.)

Previous tracks in my list of Music for Money Madness were:
As always, feel free to suggest even more songs in Comments. I'll start posting suggested songs soon!

1 comment:

Pat Patterson said...

I can't believe I fogot to mention the most obvious music of all, "Nearer, My God, to Thee." Which by all accounts was played by the band as the RMS Titanic was sinking with almost all the crew and most of the male passengers and boys still on board.