Thursday, October 16, 2008

Nerdworld Soundtrack, Bailout/Financial Apocalypse Edition, Part 13: Matchbox Twenty

This is an old song, but I still love it. You know, I remember when it was brand-new. I'm a fossil.

Part of the lyrics evoke (for me, anyway) the feelings of the unhappy modern American taxpayer ("I've been cheated . . . I've been wronged"). Another part of the lyrics seems to resonate with the whole idea of nonsensical, money-grubbing, power-grabbing policymakers and their attitude toward that unhappy American taxpayer ("I want to push you around . . . I want to push you down . . . I want to take you for granted . . . I will, I will!")

I give you . . . "Push" by Matchbox Twenty.

Previous tracks in my list of Music for Money Madness were:
As always, feel free to suggest even more songs in Comments.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is the link missing, or am I?

Now that you're at 13 songs, what happens when you play them consecutively, 13 times? Does the economy come crashing down and require a 700 billion dollar bailout by the government? Oh, I see.

Anonymous said...

What about the best movies to watch the collapse to?

http://blog.wired.com/business/2008/10/best-recession.html

Mad Minerva said...

Hey, thanks! I'll check out those flicks.