Saturday, March 28, 2009

Earth Hour Silliness Tonight

I had mentioned this before, but I'm reminded of it by Samizdata's rebellious declaration: "Turn every **** light in your house on!"

FIAT LUX! Let there be light!

Party on. I for one shall be playing my Wii during Earth Hour. I'm also currently making a lovely big pot of beef tagine, encouraging the climate-destroying meat industry and also manifesting my basic predatory instinct to kill and consume things below me on the food chain. (Does this make me a foodistic, species-ist imperialist or something?) And of course, the kitchen lights are on, the stove is on, the laptop is on, yadda yadda yadda. Basically, I'm treating Earth Hour like every other hour of me living selfishly as I please -- knowing that it drives eco-fanatics mad.

Besides, I have a lot of reading to do for school, and I kind of need light to read at night. DUH.

Oh, but I do really, really like this humorous comment on Samizdata: "On the contrary, I shall be turning all the lights off, having an accident, suing the organisation who suggested this idea, costing the NHS money and claiming on the insurance. The latter will lobby for it to be illegal to turn all the lights off, legislation will follow." Awesome! Beat 'em at their own game.

More here.

I can't help myself. Oh, go on and watch this video! (I can't figure out how to shrink it. Oh, well!)

No comments: