Tuesday, March 24, 2009

What Fresh Hell Is This? -- California considers ban of big screen TVs

You can't be serious! And this from a state that's the entertainment capital of the country!

Blurb:
In their continuing quest to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, state regulators have uncovered a new villain in the war on global warming : your big screen TV.

Couch potatoes, beware.

The California Energy Commission is considering a proposal that would ban California retailers from selling all but the most energy-efficient televisions. Critics say the news standards could take 25 percent of televisions off the market — most of them 40 inches or larger.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

GET YOUR DIRTY BIG-GOVERNMENT PAWS OFF MY TV (big screen or not)! In the world of "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness," my TV is definitely part of the pursuit of happiness. Oh, and I pity the fool who tries to come between my Sibling and his beloved big screen TV.

And did we really need another reminder of how this global warming mindset is the excuse for a Great Green Power Grab? Plus, hey, in a recession when retailers are in trouble (note the recent collapse of tech store Circuit City), let's make it even harder for them to do business.

On a personal note: Long-time readers may remember how I, on my old blog a while ago, declared that I would rather have a plasma TV than diamonds. I still stand by that statement. Of course, I currently possess neither! (If I were given the choice today, I would go for that plasma in a heartbeat -- can you imagine what glorious DVD movies and what eye-poppingly splendiferous games of Mario Kart Wii could be played on that thing?)

4 comments:

Brian J. Dunn said...

Plasma TV over diamonds?

You'll make a man very happy some day ... :-)

Mad Minerva said...

Tee hee!

Shall I add that I'll watch Die Hard flicks on my plasma TV?

Brian J. Dunn said...

No don't add that. I live in Ann Arbor, for God's sake. Have mercy! The women here watch Stop Loss and Michael Moore...

I must stop before I weep. :-\

Mad Minerva said...

And I live on the East Coast, where lots of the GUYS watch Stop Loss and Michael Moore! ;-)