Thursday, March 26, 2009

Earth Hour Versus Human Achievement Hour

The day of reckoning is March 28. The Greenies are hosting "Earth Hour." I and fellow evildoers will be hosting "Human Achievement Hour." That's right -- instead of turning out the lights, I intend to celebrate folks who made it possible even to have that choice. Whose party would you rather be at?

In terms of history, Edison in the long run improved the lives of countless millions with the light bulb. Al Gore, not so much. (On a personal note, my late grandfather could remember when electricity and light bulbs were new to little towns in Taiwan in the 1910s. You've come a long way, baby!)

My contempt and disdain for eco-pietistic, power-grabby, guilt-flinging, preachy (and ultimately toxically misanthropic) Greenies is a matter of public knowledge. I'm sure some of them would turn out MY lights by force if they could.

UPDATE: More here, along with a great photo.

1 comment:

Objectiveman said...

"My contempt and disdain for eco-pietistic, power-grabby, guilt-flinging, preachy (and ultimately toxically misanthropic) Greenies is a matter of public knowledge."

LOL, I just love that. I feel the same contemt and disdain but you describe yours so much better.