Thursday, March 26, 2009

Quirky Asia Files: Cartoon Bunnies Go To War -- Now with Translation!

If you still haven't seen the video, you simply MUST.

Gentle reader Lumpy has now kindly provided the translation from the original Japanese:

Quick and dirty translation of the dialogue:

Botasky (Sniper): Wait! Packy, can we do this by ourselves?

Packy (w/ hat): If we don't do it now, those two will be killed. We can coordinate by wireless. You shoot from here. I'll flank them and go in close. Don't worry; we can handle it.

[Packy flanks, Botasky acquires a target and fires]

Botasky: I killed him! This might work! [or maybe, "I have to report!" - I can't quite catch it.]

[scene change]

Packy: You just increase the risk, so it's better not to come.

[after Packy takes out bad guys w/ the rocket launcher, the following appears]

With such cute faces you'll forgive them!
Domo arigato.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I made the front page!

So, for an encore, here's my quick and dirty translation of the opening (note that there were a few characters too small / blurry for me to read, so I just guessed).

...

Private Military Corporations (Minkan Gunji Kaisha)

Due to the collapse of the Soviet Union in 1991 and the end of the Cold War the USA became the center of many nations who decreased military spending, and many of a new breed of soldier were born.

With the end of the Cold War the strength of the great nations declined and around the world terrorist activity and civil war raged, there were a number of ethnic conflicts, and the need for those with special skills rose. Soldiers who had lost their places in the great armies answered that need and sold their combat skills.

That's where private military corporations come in.

...

I should also mention that I posted these in the comments over at Ace, cuz I figured the guys over there would enjoy them as well. I didn't think about them ending up on anyone's main page.

And, of course, you just know I have to post about this as well ...