Saturday, November 01, 2008

Nerd Journal: Shoes for Classes and Conferences

I approach shopping as a form of hunting. First I hunt for sales and bargains, and then I close in for the KILL.

So behold now what the mighty huntress has brought home today! Although these are not the elusive quarry that I've hunted for a while now (I speak, of course, of gorgeous dark red heels), these are still pretty good:

On the top: black heels that have just a little bit more . . . personality than the usual black heels. I didn't think I would like the rounded toes or the Mary Jane strap detail with a tiny button for added flair, but when I tried on these shoes, they nearly begged me to buy them. Bonus: the heels are actually comfortable (!). Perfect for going to conferences and Nerdmoots. I'll wear them with a colored skirt suit.

On the bottom: little wedge heels on a brown slipper with a cute (but not too cute) strappy detail on the front, along with a tiny buckle. Bonus: the little bit of contrast stitching -- just enough to add visual interest, but not enough to ruin things. Imagine this pair with a nice skirt or jeans and a sweater for wearing on chilly autumn days on campus. Add a winter hat and an armful of books. Perfect for class.

Both pairs were on sale, baby!

1 comment:

Pat Patterson said...

Ah, those, the pair on top, look remarkably like the ones worn by the Wicked Witch of the West! No flying monkeys please!