Friday, November 21, 2008

Film Culture Commentary: Top 100 Movies Based on Books

This list of book adaptations is practically begging for you to argue with it. Have at it! Enjoy!

The difficulty is that books and movies are two completely different modes of storytelling. I had descanted on one case recently. Anyway . . . A few of my favorites:
  • "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe"
  • "The Princess Bride"
  • "The Hunt for Red October"
  • "The Lord of the Rings" trilogy

1 comment:

Pat Patterson said...

These are some of my favorite book to film adaptations but I will certainly not argue that they are the best.

Fight Club
The Ox-Bow Incident
The Third Man
Gangs of New York-Much better than
the disjointed narrative in the book.
A Clockwork Orange
Band of Brothers
The Day of the Jackal

See I have seen a couple of films made in the last decade or so!