Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A Week Full of Historical Memories

It's been quite a week so far. I haven't time to do individual posts, but I give you:
  • The 19th anniversary of the fall of the Berlin Wall
  • The 233rd birthday of the US Marine Corps
  • Veterans Day today
See, not everything is all gloom and doom.

The Wall fell *19* years ago? Has it been so long? I remember watching it on TV as it happened. I was very young, but it was one of the moments that turned me into the unrepentant freedom-cheerleader that I am today. (That, and something else that happened in the same year, but I digress.)

Happy birthday, USMC. Tough, tenacious, and dedicated -- No better friend, no worse enemy. Someone recently told me that I was like you. I took it as a far greater compliment than I deserve.

Shout-out and appreciation to veterans in American history and what they did for the cause of liberty both at home and abroad. From Valley Forge to Normandy, it was no small thing.

No comments: