Monday, November 17, 2008

Movie News: New Trailer for "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince"

Behold!



This new trailer should make me feel better, but it doesn't. July is a long way away, and next week "Twilight" will launch its gruesome assault on pop culture everywhere.

Dear Warner Brothers,

Thank you so much for reminding me that the Harry Potter film was originally scheduled to be released next week, but then you pushed that date until July 2009. Thank you for bringing up such a painful memory. while you're at it, why don't you give me a paper cut and pour lemon juice in it?

Also, thanks to your rescheduling, the cinematic abomination known as "Twilight" is hitting the cinemas next week to take advantage of Potter's retreat. It's probably going to do very well, thereby ensuring a near future dominated by idiotic dreamers who think, "Hey, isn't it great to fall in love with something that wants to eat you?" I, and people like me who really want a gigantic epic struggle between good and evil, Harry and Voldemort, a battle full of sacrifice and heroism and characters whom we love, will instead be given a cotton-candy confection of bad dialogue and worse characterization.

In sum, Warner Brothers? I HATE YOU. Perhaps I may even hate you as much as I hate Edward Cullen and Bella Swann. Now that's some serious hatred.

Sincerely yours,
MM, disgruntled movie fan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ditto