Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Nerdworld Soundtrack, Bailout/Financial Apocalypse Edition, Part 17: Muse

It's been a long time since he last addition to the Apocalypse Mix. I haven't had much inspiration, and I've been lacking a sense of humor about the ongoing money mess. Frankly, it's been easier to get angry or depressed than snarky and feisty.

BUT! You can't keep a good woman down, and I'm back with the latest sarcastic musical response to Paulson's Follies and the general GLOBALFINANCIALDOOMOMGWE'REALLGOINGTODIE.

I give you the oh-so-aptly named "Supermassive Black Hole" by Muse. Yes, that just about describes the financial situation (as previously noted by the indispensable Onion too).

Also, given Paulson's bait-and-switch about the $700 billion bailout, check out the lyrics: "You caught me under false pretenses." Heck, yeah.

Previous tracks in my list of Music for Money Madness were:

As always, feel free to suggest even more songs in Comments.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

A new song:
I Want a Bail Out

for your enjoyment:

http://www.kilikmusic.com/bailout.htm