Wednesday, December 31, 2008

MM and Friends Wave Goodbye to 2008 and Hello to 2009



Auld lang syne time, baby.


Well, it's been one heck of a year, and it's New Year's Eve for 2009. I think I'm quite ready to wave goodbye to 2008! It's certainly been an . . . interesting year.

So I'm off: the gang's all here to celebrate the New Year! Some of my buddies live here in town, while others have come from far away. Regardless, tonight we're getting all dressed up to go to a nice dinner (we made reservations -- and started saving pennies for a splurge -- long ago), go to a party being hosted by another group of friends, and then we're planning to stay up until midnight playing Wii and other games while hanging out at Ladybird's house and then watching fireworks from around the world on TV. Yep, we just might be wearing silly party hats and playing with noisemakers and -- I hope -- sparklers. I love sparklers!



Plus we all almost never get a chance to get dressed up for an evening out with old friends, so this should be fun! We only ever get to do this maybe once a year -- and not always then either. After this, the fun's over, and I'm back to Nerdworld.

The rowdy guest list for tonight? Some of the regular guest stars you've come to know and love on MM Blog: Foxtrot, Ladybird and her husband, Alessandra d'Ambrosio, Il Barista and La Parisienne, and -- of course -- the Cinema-Mad Sibling and others.

So, gentle reader, let me wish you all a cheerful end to 2008 and a great beginning to 2009. I leave you with JibJab's musical cartoon of 2008 in review!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, MM!

May 2009 bring you only the best!