Monday, December 08, 2008

Film Culture Commentary: "Twilight" Is Bad, But Is It Harmful?

My contempt for "Twilight" knows no bounds, and I'm even willing to call it "Twilight" Derangement Syndrome.

In terms of quality, the book was an unmitigated flop, and I hold out very little hope for the movie adaptation, though in all fairness, I have to say that I haven't seen it yet (La Parisienne and I are planning, in a fit of morbid curiosity that might just be fatal, to see it soon -- as soon as I can flee from Nerdworld).

Basically, you all know that I've slammed "Twilight" for being bad. Artistic failings aside, the thing also has content issues. David Chen at Slashfilm has a recent post wondering if the "Twilight" phenomenon is actually harmful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure about the movie but the relationships in the books are creepy. I read them all and relationship, on both sides, is manipulative and obsessive.