Monday, March 22, 2010

Public Service Announcement: "24" Has Officially Become Too Stupid To Watch

I hate to say it, but "24" has become a big fat waste of time.

I've wasted my last hour with it tonight. Did you catch the "plot"? Come on, COME ON. Are you kidding me? Are you freaking kidding me? I'd been watching all season, hoping against hope that the show would get better, but no!

I should have know the whole thing was doomed as soon as Milton from "Office Space" showed up, the latest in the long stupid chain of events in the even stupider "evil redneck" subplot. But the absolute last straw? Tonight's "Dana Walsh is working for the bad guys" idea. I mean, are you serious?

And Jack Bauer's not even really Jack Bauer anymore. He's like a shadow of the real Jack Bauer. (This season's emotionally damaged Renee Walker is more interesting by far.) And CTU? What a frustrating mess of cluelessness, and that was even before the EMP attack.

Here are some thoughts from a fellow former fan of the once-great series.

Suitable musical accompaniment from the Nerdworld Soundtrack: Kelly Clarkson's "Already Gone." Yep, I'm already gone.




How the mighty have fallen.

No comments: