Sunday, May 11, 2008

Satire Alert: The New US Flag Pin for Obama

It has 57 stars for Obama's "57 states." The link includes the video evidence of Obama's little linguistic mistake.

OK, people, please tell me:

1. How many states are in the United States of America?
2. If you want to be President, shouldn't you know?

I am not persuaded by various excuses that Obama was tired when he made that mistake. Come on, that's basic knowledge. Then again, I did just recently moan that Obama can't get his history quite right. Why shouldn't I be surprised that geography is a bit fuzzy too?

I give you these song lyrics, and they seem quite fitting to the entire political air right now:

Don't know much about history
Don't know much biology
Don't know much about science book
Don't know much about the French I took

But I do know that I love you
And I know that if you love me too
What a wonderful world this would be

Don't know much geography
Don't know much trigonometry
Don't know much about algebra
Don't know what a slide rule is for

But I know that one and one is two
And if this one could be with you
What a wonderful this would be

I don't claim to be an "A" student
But I'm trying to be
Maybe my being an "A" student baby
I can win your love for me


Who cares about history and geography and other such annoyances? We have an Obamessiah festival of love and hope and change! Hope and change! Change and hope! HOPE! CHANGE!

PS: I am also not persuaded that, by the 57 states comment, Obama meant to include US territories and protectorates. The man said "states." That's pretty specific.

No comments: