Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Movie Preview: "Moon"

Summer movie madness continues here at MM Blog! I haven't even finished my "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" review and I'm already looking forward to the next movie. Soon some friends and I are going to see the new flick "Moon," and we're excited! I have heard great things about this little sci-fi movie. (90% on RottenTomatoes!)

It stars Sam Rockwell as a fellow on a 3-year contract to work alone on a lunar base. I'm thinking that the entire movie will rise or fall on the strength of Rockwell's performance. Kevin Spacey is also on the cast -- or I should say, the voice of Kevin Spacey, speaking as the voice of the lunar base computer.

Here's the website and the trailer. What do you think? It'll be a change from the usual summer "shoot-em-up" action-packed eye candy (which I do love, but, hey, variety is the spice of life, no?).



Also, here is a movie Public Service Announcement: if a movie has Sam Rockwell in the cast, go see it. Rockwell is always worth watching. (I used to say this about Christian Bale, but not after this summer's double flops of "Terminator Salvation" and "Public Enemies.")

No comments: