Monday, July 20, 2009

This Day in History: Apollo 11 Lands on the Moon 40 Years Ago

Take a look at this lovely photo gallery!

See NASA's website for more on the moon landing (including video). Get your lunar overdose here!

Explore Earth's satellite with Google Moon. Neat!

DVD recommendation: 1995's "Apollo 13." (Yes, yes, I know it's not Apollo 11. But it gives you a sense of the risk, work, dedication, and human element involved in the space program. Plus Gary Sinise and Ed Harris turn in great performances.)

Book to consider: sci fi giant Robert A. Heinlein's complicated The Moon Is a Harsh Mistress about a lunar colony's revolt from its masters on Earth.

I've been mad about space ever since I was little. I wanted to be an astronomer when I was very small. And, yes, I've visited Space Camp!

No comments: