Thursday, July 30, 2009

Nerd Journal: "I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered!" -- the new Prisoner!

Some of my friends and I are starting to get really excited about the upcoming reboot of the classic British TV series "The Prisoner."


I'm delighted that the new Number 2 will be Sir Ian McKellen and the new Number 6 Jim Caviezel -- both are fabulous actors. Still, there's only one Patrick McGoohan, and any attempt to duplicate the late, great actor's iconic performance is going to ring a little hollow.

The "Prisoner" reboot will have to reimagine the entire concept and give McKellen and Caviezel room to breathe and move on their own terms. Here is some fresh info (plus video!):

Needless to say, go watch the original "Prisoner" on DVD if you haven't yet. Great stuff. (In fact, I'm watching it right now as I organize bibliography!)

OK, now all together: "I am not a number! I am a free man!"

No comments: