Sunday, July 19, 2009

Nerd Journal: Taking Fashion Hints From the Tour de France

I CANNOT GET ENOUGH OF THE TOUR THIS YEAR. There have been some amazing performances; I'm still reeling from George Hincapie from yesterday. Plus, we're in the mountains again -- the Alps, and that is always thrilling. And Alberto Contador in Stage 15! The new yellow jersey! Heck, everybody in Stage 15!

On a related note, my fixation with the polka dot jersey idea remains as strong as ever. So it's making me wonder, hmmm, how do you think I would look in a pretty white sundress with red polka dots? Add some cute red wedge sandals to match and maybe a big straw bag and a straw hat with a red, red ribbon. Summertime fun, no? Something like this:

2 comments:

Marian said...

how do you think I would look in a pretty white sundress with red polka dots?

That pretty much sounds like an Al Franken question from a confirmation hearing. How am I supposed to answer it??? You are deliberately excluding a big chunk of your audience here! *fist waving in protest*

Btw, I *love* those sandals! And they seem PETA-safe, too!

Btw #2, I think the dotted mountain jersey looks better than this eye-wrecking yellow thing for the over-all leader!

lumpy said...

You would, of course, look absolutely lovely, like the perfect picture summer in America the way it should be. How else?