Thursday, July 10, 2008

Quirky Euro Files: In France, Carla Bruni's New Music Album

The entire spectacle of Sarko and Carla Bruni has been tabloid heaven for a long time, and I don't know about you, but I think it's been amusing to watch.

And now it's amusing to listen to. Carla Bruni's released a CD, and as one commentator states,
This must be the first time that the presidency of a leading nation has promoted a pop album. The Elysée Palace has been working closely with Naive records to maximise the launch of breathy love songs by the first lady.
OK, whatever. But what really made me laugh was one particular song on the CD. It's supposed to be a love song for Sarko. Click here for the French lyrics and English translation. Here are a few lyrics, though:

tu es mon seigneur, t'es mon chéri, t'es mon orgie . . .

Say WHAT? *Giggle*

UPDATE: Here's a CD review, song by song.

1 comment:

Pat Patterson said...

But is the album bad enough that it might threaten the title of Worst French Song Ever? I think that Jane Birkin's "Je T'aime...Moi Non Plus" will take some spectacularly bad lyrics to be dethroned.

Each summer a friend from France comes to spend those months in my hometown. I once insulted him by opining that French Rock was the worst music in the world until he brought me some French Rap music a few years ago. Tough choice until he reminded me of Jane Birkin who even he hated though mainly because he said her French accent was terrible.