Monday, September 01, 2008

Summer Movie Retrospective, Part One: Review Round-Up



Pass the popcorn, movie mavens and film fans!

I promised a huge summer movie retrospective, and here is Part One. I've made a link-list of all the movie reviews that the Cinema-Mad Sibling and I produced over Summer 2008 (May to August, "Iron Man" to "Tropic Thunder," aka The Reign of Robert Downey Jr.).

The Cine-Sib and I didn't get around to seeing or reviewing every single flick that we wanted to, but still, the sheer amount that we do have is rather impressive. (Too bad I can't seem to be so enthusiastically productive with nerd-work. Oh, well!)

Here are all our reviews, large and small, in chronological order:
I saw but never got around to reviewing "Hellboy 2: the Golden Army." Do I really need to go on? It's Hellboy. WYSIWYG.

I guess I should note the flicks that I meant to see but never got around to, the flicks I'll catch on DVD: "The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian," "Get Smart," "Hancock,""X-Files: I Want to Believe," that Mummy flick that the Cine-Sib saw, "Journey to the Center of the Earth."

Movies I didn't see and had NO INTENTION of paying my good money to see: "Speed Racer," "Sex and the City, " "The Love Guru," "You Don't Mess With the Zohan," "The Happening," "Stepbrothers," "Mamma Mia," "Meet Dave," "Pineapple Express," "Space Chimps," "Star Wars" The Clone Wars."

So, a fond farewell to the summer movie season. Thanks for the memories . . . and the popcorny pleasures!

UPDATE: Forgot to add this. After all the reviews, what are MM's top flicks of Summer 2008? In alphabetical order, here they are: "The Dark Knight," "Iron Man," and "Tropic Thunder." They're all on my DVD list. And as you know, the Cine-Sib and I only get the DVD if we really love the movie.

No comments: