Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Confucius Say: "Watch My Biopic!"

A biopic of Confucius is now in the works.

Hm, film biographies of ancient Asians seem to be "in" right now. While you're waiting for Confucius to hit the big screen, you can entertain yourself with Genghis Khan in "Mongol."

Now I'm thinking that maybe a big fat epic biopic of Sun Yat-sen might be an intriguing idea. After all, as my sage old grandpa told me once, Sun is the only fellow that everyone agrees was a good guy. Grandpa used to bow respectfully to Sun's statue whenever he found one. Plus, a Sun biopic would be full of action and intrigue since he did live in -- what's that phrase? ah, yes -- "interesting times."

3 comments:

Toto said...

Nice headline!

Mad Minerva said...

Thanks!

Pat Patterson said...

How about a book on the Soong Sisters or another film about them as the recent version was perfectly dreadful. As to that loveable Sun Yat-sen I don't think that Soong Ching-ling ever said many complimentary things about her estranged husband nor I suspect did Mao.