Friday, August 22, 2008

MM in the Kitchen: Real Italian Pesto



Splendidly flavorful basil sauce from northern Italy . . . or bloggy declaration of food war?


This really wasn't my idea, but by golly, that darn Il Barista started it!

He called me up to gloat about how he made a gorgeously delicious homemade pesto sauce -- one that I couldn't enjoy because I was halfway across the country. What an evil thing to do! And he meant to do it, too. It was a deliberate act of premeditated food-taunting. And taunting hungry academics who are stuck writing papers in Nerdworld far from home . . .Well, that's just CRUEL.

Well, never let it be said that I take such challenges lightly. I went looking for a good pesto recipe to try on my own, and I think I have it. Take a look at this!!

*MM melodramatically flings down the recipe like a gauntlet.*

It's ON. Ladies do not start fights. But ladies can finish them. OK, Il Barista: when I've fled Nerdworld at the next break (probably Christmas, alas), I call a pesto-off! Who wants to be judges? La Parisienne? Noli Me Tangere? Cine-Sib? Foxtrot, Ladybird, Alessandra, Opera Diva, Zorba?

BRING IT!

*wink*

And we can even make Flying Shrapnel Death Pie for dessert.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's on, but you better start growing your basil because you can't have any of mine.

Mad Minerva said...

You're growing your own basil?!